Acknowledgment of Interfaith Nature of Spiritual Playdate, Ethical Rules and Member Agreement
Term of Appointment: One year, renewal annually.
As an Individual Member of Spiritual Playdate, I hereby pledge that I will:
1. Cultivate the goals of Spiritual Playdate by fostering faith-based dialogue in a non-judgmental and exploratory atmosphere, encouraging the use of techniques of guidance while including positive reinforcement rather than competition, comparison or criticism;
2. Support the interfaith nature of this web-based program by encouraging openness to spiritual- beliefs (or non-beliefs) in all forms including but not limited to: God, Faith, Prayer, and Meditation;
3. Strengthen and support Spiritual Playdate’s Mission to help children develop to their fullest potential and deliver the program in a positive environment of safety, support, and care;
4. Strive to inspire Spiritual Playdate’s participants, especially youth, to view the world’s various religious backgrounds with acceptance, tolerance, compassion, and love therefore refraining from any type of foul language or language that shows disregard for racial, ethnic, or cultural differences;
5. Resolve any conflict or disagreement that may arise in a responsible and positive manner;
6. Refrain from the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances, overt displays of sexual behavior, and any type of abusive behavior when engaging with any Spiritual Playdate activities that include youth under 18.
7. Immediately report any suspected illegal abuse to local or state law enforcement authorities. I understand that failure to report suspected unlawful abuse to civil authorities is, according to the law, a misdemeanor.
8. Give permission for Spiritual Playdate to use photographs or other media that may include my image or voice to promote or interpret Spiritual Playdate programs and for possible use in future promotional materials. I understand that this authorization is continuous and may only be withdrawn by my specific recission of this authorization, for any reason, within 30 days of written notice.
9. Release Spiritual Playdate, its agents, directors, consultants, and employees from all liability based on any damage, loss, or injury, whether it is the result of ordinary negligence or otherwise, caused to/by me or to/by my playdates partners from participation in the program. I shall defend, indemnify and hold Spiritual Playdate, its partners, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless against all liabilities, demands, claims, actions or causes of action, regulatory, legislative, or judicial proceedings or investigations, assessments, levies, losses, fines, penalties, direct damages, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’, accountants’, investigators’, and experts’ fees and expenses, sustained or incurred in connection with the defense or investigation thereof, resulting from claims by third parties, whether for personal injury or otherwise, arising from the use Spiritual Playdate materials or trademarks shall indemnify Spiritual Playdate for any and all damages due to any improper or unauthorized use of the Spiritual Playdate materials or trademarks.
10. Hereby acknowledge that Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property is and will remain the sole property of Spiritual Playdate; that all uses of the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property will inure to the benefit of Spiritual Playdate; and, Individual Member will not contest the validity or ownership of the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property. I will never use any of the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property for personal gain or profit.
11. Hereby acknowledge the right to use the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property shall immediately terminate upon the termination or cessation of the relationship between Spiritual Playdate and Individual Member. Upon termination, Individual Member will immediately (or by a date certain as agreed to in writing by the Spiritual Playdate) cease using the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property. Any costs incurred by Individual Member in connection with the removal of the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property will be the sole responsibility and expense of Individual Member..
12. Hereby acknowledge that use of the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property shall be in strict compliance with the quality and usage standards set by the Spiritual Playdate.
13. Hereby acknowledge that any use of the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property not specifically provided for in this agreement shall be adopted by Individual Member only upon prior approval in writing by the Spiritual Playdate. Individual member shall refrain from using the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property in any derogatory or unsavory way, in connection with any illegal behavior, or in a way that might attract unfavorable publicity to the Spiritual. To ensure compliance with this provision, the Spiritual Playdate shall have the right to inspect any promotional materials or any other usage of the Spiritual Playdate Intellectual Property by Individual Member.
14. Refer all inquiries from the media or press to the Co-Creators of Spiritual Playdate;